Haystacks is currently hiring. Please read below for further information.
RETAIL ASSOCIATES – Fishtown (Leland), MI
We are looking for a part time retail associate for our Fishtown (Leland), MI location for the upcoming 2013 summer season. Fishtown is a seasonal position that is generally available May through September and possibly into October depending on the weather. It is a great job for high school and college students.
Candidates should expect to work around 16 hours a week (2 days a week) in May with hours increasing to around 30-35 hours starting the end of June. Shifts are generally 9:30-6:00 in May and June. Store hours change to 10am-9pm starting the end of June which will consist of two split shifts: a 9:30-5:30 and 4:30-9:00 (shifts may vary slightly).
· Welcome customers into the store and create an upbeat and positive store environment
· Replenish products, keep store clean and tidy
· Merchandise store and create eye-catching displays
· Use a simple cash register and credit card machine
· Be able to perform all store responsibilities (ask for list)
· Maintain a high level of customer service and product knowledge
· Is punctual and willing to work late if customers are present right before closing time
· Able to work in an environment that may be hot, cold, windy, snowy or rainy
The Person we are looking for:
· Self-motivated and able to keep busy
· Able to stand and be on feet for up to 8 hours a day
· Creative and energetic
· Has a positive attitude and understands the importance of customer service
· Able to problem solve
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including: nights, weekends and holidays
If you fit the profile above, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Fishtown Associate & Your name. Include a cover letter and resume and let us know a little bit about yourself and why you think you’d be a good match for a position at Haystacks.
EXPERIENCED RETAIL ASSOCIATES AND MANAGER - Essex, CT
Haystacks is looking for a full time retail manager and a few part time associates for their new Essex, CT location, slated to open in April of 2013. Candidates should love art, design, and fashion.
- Welcome customers into the store and create an upbeat and positive store environment.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge.
- Replenish products, keep the store looking clean and fresh by creating and changing visual merchandising, keeping in line with brand identity.
- Maintain a safe and clean retail store work environment and ensure proper operation of all fixtures, systems, and equipment.
- Work closely with all departments at Haystacks Main Offices in Michigan
- Assist with special store events as needed.
- Be able to perform all store opening and closing duties.
- Hiring and Staffing the store.
- Create and maintain a positive work environment.
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
The Person We Are Looking For:
- 2+ years of customer service experience a must, preferably in specialty boutique retail environment.
- Experience in visual merchandising a must.
- Excellent communication skills, positive attitude and helpful demeanor a must.
- Creative, self-motivated, assertive, takes initiative, dependable, trustworthy, and consistent.
- Someone interested in art and design is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
If you fit the profile above, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Retail Associate or Retail Manager & Your name. Include a cover letter and resume and let us know a little bit about yourself and why you think you’d be a good match for a position at Haystacks.